St. John's Church Norway
470 Woodbine Ave, Toronto, ON M4E 2H6
Near Kingston Rd. & Woodbine Ave.
The Anglican Church of St. John the Baptist, Norway.
About St. John's Church Norway
The Anglican Church of St. John the Baptist, Norway began in 1853 in a small wooden church on a hill near Kingston Road and Woodbine Avenue. The church and cemetery were consecrated in 1855 by Bishop John Strachan (1778-1867), an influential figure in Upper Canada and first Anglican Bishop of Toronto.
The current building dates from 1893, and was enlarged in 1915.